7 steps for getting started with Sales Analytics
Getting started with analytics for sales does not have to be hard, but nobody transforms their whole department in a day. Start small with the low-hanging fruits and build from there.
A simplified structure for getting started should look something like this:
- Identify the top three areas that you think would improve a lot from a more data-driven approach and rank them.
- Figure out what data you have or could get access to. CRM-systems, ERP-systems, and data warehouses are the usual suspects
- Choose the highest ranked use case that corresponds well to the available data. Don’t have the right data foundation to identify sales rep performance for instance? Go down the list and maybe focus on dashboards for improving customer communication.
- Choose a modern analytics/business intelligence tool. We recommend Qlik Sense because it’s a complete platform that scales very well, is easy to use, and is easy to integrate with all the popular IT-systems
- Time to integrate data from all the sources, normalize it, and build your data model. If you do not have experience with this, contact a business intelligence consultancy company specialized in your preferred tool
- Build your dashboards and educate your colleagues in how to use them
- After a month of usage, identify learnings and repeat the process for the next use case
At Stretch Qonnect, we would be happy to help you get started by offering you a free workshop and trial license for the leading business intelligence software.